Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Getting On - Jam 23 2024

 

Getting On

Jan 23 2024




All those past lives

only to find myself in this incarnation;

undistinguished

mediocre

dispensable.


And to think, once a Pharaoh

prophet

leader of men.

I know this;

feel it in my bones,

have visions

in my sleep.


Can only hope

that next time

when the circle turns

my trajectory resumes.

Destiny, after all, isn't to be trifled with.


Karma, I’m not so sure of.

But then, while I've been heathen

apostate

and true believer,

shaman and animist,

I never followed Buddha.

So I should slip through,

sins notwithstanding.


Anyway, it's hard to do much damage

when you're powerless.

But please, just not a long life;

I need to get on with this!


Why, in past lives, was no one ever a stable hand or field slave?!!

No comments: