Monday, September 5, 2022

Red Subaru - July 24 2022

 

Red Subaru

July 24 2022


It's not a convertible,

air

coursing through my thinning hair,

cool shades.


Not a two-seater sports-car,

low slung and torqued up,

engine tuned

to a low rumbling throb.


But it is red.


The official name is “Pure Red”,

which seems a little lazy to me.

I might have suggested

Four-Alarm Red”,

or perhaps “Luscious”;

like wet voluptuous lips

or fruit at the height of ripeness.


Is this my mid-life crisis?

A daring red

instead of the button-down blue

I've always gone for?

Awfully late in life, I admit;

but then what's new,

I've always lagged behind my peers

why should this be different?


Otherwise, a company whose DNA

whispers restraint,

practical, and under-stated.

But for me, a bold impulsive choice.


Yet no one even noticed.

Because red didn't change a thing.

My life is the same.

I still drive slowly.

I'm still getting older.


They say a crisis shouldn't be wasted.

I'd say

pure red is plenty,

crisis over.


No comments: