Friday, February 25, 2022

Putting Off - Feb 23 2022

 

Putting Off

Feb 23 2022


I would have put it off.


Because often, the thought

of how it will unfold

is the sweetest part.


Or people like me

who dread, instead of idealize;

the uncertain future,

the worst

that's sure to come.


Dive in

go big

grasp the bull by the horns.

Except when you've been gored

when you chanced it before

and now bear too many scars.


So I procrastinate

defer

distract myself,

let inertia rule.

Trust

that in the fullness of time

the universe will unfold,

the future

take care of itself.


I'm not a procrastinator. But sometimes, even I need a good kick in the pants to get started. Fish or cut bait. Piss, or get off the pot!

The thing is, anticipation is often the best part. Not a bad idea to stretch it out, savour it.


No comments: