Friday, February 25, 2022

Molecular - Feb 24 2022

 

Molecular

Feb 24 2022


This is what happens to sensation.

You accommodate

desensitize.


Your eyes adjust to the glare.

You no longer feel the chair

pressing into your bottom.

Even the cold lake

becomes comfortable;

you'll get used to it”, they promised

and you did,

after the shock

of that first frigid immersion.


So when her scent

lingered in the air

long after she'd left,

I wondered if I was imagining.

Because how could absence

be even more apparent,

when we take for granted

what's long been there?


Had it somehow entered in,

trapped by my nose

absorbed on my skin

clinging to my hair?


Or was it a persisting sense

of incompletion,

like a jigsaw missing a piece

that is not only lost

but irreplaceable.


A whiff of expensive perfume

the smell of her skin.

Some kind of alchemy here,

an immutable chemical bond

down to the molecule.

The power of attraction

I can't let go.


No comments: