Friday, July 21, 2023

Because Someone Might Read This - June 30 2023

 

Because Someone Might Read This

June 30 2023


All the ways to cope.


Reframe.


Exercise

therapy

escape

into drugs, denial, sex.


Or simply break things,

because it feels good

to ventilate.


But as for me

I try to write my way out.

Clearing my head

with words on paper, pixels on a screen.

An essay, a poem, a rant.

Perhaps a message in a bottle

cast out to sea,

a scribble on an envelope

even I can't read.


Because sharing my upset

lessens it.

Because someone might read this

and care.

Because leaving a testament

to posterity

gives meaning to my distress.

Which makes little sense, I know

but still feels right.


And, of course, because we speak fast and loose

but write slow enough to think.

Time

puts the demons to rest,

time-out

affords perspective.


I put down words

to distance myself,

write

to introspect.


No comments: