Monday, November 29, 2021

Fire and Ice - Nov 26 2021

 

Fire and Ice

Nov 26 2021


I'm not sure about this sensation,

cool on the tongue

fire up my spine

hands lightly touching.


So bright I'm blinded,

and the rush of blood

and racing heart

and ice beginning to thaw,

flooding me

with the sweetest water

imaginable.


Even the scent

of sinful flesh

that threatens to overwhelm.

Am I intoxicated

or simply short of air,

my breath quickening

when I'd rather breathe deep and slow?


Sleep, says a voice

through the pulsing blood,

as a warm hand

strokes my head

and another gently cradles it.

Have my eyes drifted shut

or am I simply content not to look?


When my ears burn hot

and the sweat pours off

and I am caught by a thrill of surprise,

her soft wet lips

brushing lightly against

my hot flushed skin.


I came close to death

but now I live,

greedy and giving and full.


No comments: