Monday, March 28, 2011

Sorry. There's a technical glitch. I can't enter line breaks; it all comes out paragraph style. Not sure how to fix this. Have tried just about everything. /B ........ Inner Life Mar 27 2011 99% of life is showing up. You can be a boring witless shlub, just get there on time and dress appropriately. It’s this kind of loyalty that gets their respect. Especially when there’s heavy lifting in-laws or lots of paper work. Marriage often works like this, your eye can wander so long as the rest of you stays put. And on the job look busy and they’ll think you’re indispensable. Except, one day, I left, the kettle on bills unpaid a sink of dirty dishes. I wonder if I’m missed; or if I’d become invisible over-exposed, a little too familiar to notice. Where does one go on such an impetuous whim? Out, into the world or in? A sheet of paper thin, unwritten, infinitesimally folded? Or a puff of smoke, diffusing in air until its molecules can be found everywhere on earth? By now the kettle’s boiled dry the bills forgiven the dishes done. And my place has surely been filled since I’ve been gone. 99% is showing up. And one in a hundred abscond.

No comments: