Friday, February 1, 2008

Logorrhoea
Feb 1 2008


I wonder if body language could be contagious?

So many words on the tip of my tongue
I stumble and strain for the perfect one.
And ear worms boring into my brain,
an endless rotation
of pop songs and jingles.
And all the poems I’ve learned off by heart
crowding-out my vital organs,
like a bad case of indigestion.
And even death-bed confessions
I can’t get off my chest,
but don’t rest lightly there.

The semiotics of the human body
are not always so honourable,
like the evil eye
or the middle finger
or the bum’s rush.
Not to mention awkward contortions and cover-ups;
like bent over backward to be understood,
or sitting on secrets.

And though bursting with dirt I can’t wait to dish
I’ve saved room to sing for my supper
. . . and the very last word in dessert.

No comments: