Tuesday, November 27, 2012


Hiding in Plain Sight
Nov 26 2012


I am looking down
from my open window,
a 3rd story 1-bedroom flat.

I am a potted plant
in badly tended soil,
perched on the outer ledge.
A baby grand
winching up,
unstrung, in frayed suspense.

Only the paranoid
glance my way,
and who would listen to them?

I see tell-tale bald spots
shining pinkly,
which even their owners
would disbelieve.
Majestic bosoms
I ogle, freely,
jiggling directly beneath.
Cracks in the pavement
children at play,
a paper trail leading away.
A spilled cup of coffee
erratically rocking
like a lazily luffing sail.
Spattered liquid, mocha pale,
the indelible human stain.

From the corner of my eye
I see the car careen,
suddenly jump the curb.
See it still, in my sleep
keep hearing them scream.

Now, in my basement apartment
a window-well lets in the light.
And all I see
are disembodied parts;
a furious blur of legs,
strutting, shuffling
running past.

I have the impression
of one-way glass.
Where time
is mere succession
and I find contentment
in endless now.
Where there’s nowhere left to fall,
and no one looking down. 

No comments: